Portraits for a Cause

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Hello everyone!

I have recently found out about a situation where a close friend of mine is in need of help financially. I don't have any extra cash floating around right now so I'm selling portrait sessions and all the money will go to this person.

I'm filling 45 minute spots for $65 and that will include 2- 4x6's, 3-5x7's and 1- 8x10. You can purchase more prints than that if you wish as well. ALL PROCEDES will go to my friend, especially from extra prints and/or albums.

How it will work, is you will come and do your session in my home studio. I have 4 professional backdrops to choose from. You will have unlimited poses and unlimited people in your shots. The average session turns out around 30-70 usable images, sometimes more. The family shoot I did for the Melvilles last week (see the last blog entry) gave us 117 so it really depends on the willingness and photogenic-ness of the subjects!! haha

Your images will be uploaded to a password-protected gallery where you can view them online for one month. You can also give the password to friends and families and they can order their own prints from the website as well. I take Visa, Mastercard, Cash and Cheques. You will choose the images for your prints that come with your session fee. Just to give you an idea, I normally charge $150 for a one hour portrait session, so this is an incredible deal.

My goal is to raise $500. If I can book 8 shoots I should cover it, and any extra print & album sales will be a bonus!Please consider doing a shoot - family portraits, maternity portraits, a group of friends, siblings (some do a surprise shoot for their parents!) - and like I said, there is no limit on the number of people or the number of poses!

The appointments for the shoot are as follows:

Wednesday, March 11

5:00-5:45pm
6:00-6:45pm - booked M&J
7:00-7:45pm - booked K&B
8:00-8:45pm - booked E&T

Thanks so much for taking the time to read this email and I would greatly appreciate your help. What goes around, comes around, after all, and you never know when you may be in a pinch and someone will be able to pay it forward and help you out. I have had so many wonderful friends help me out when I need it over the years so I'm hoping to be able to do the same.Thanks again!!!

Amber :)

0 comments: